Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Reflections on a Reunion: A Classmate's Wedding

 In retirement, I've found that I don't often miss the social events and gatherings tied to my former classmates or students. Yet, on July 3, 2024, a unique opportunity arose to reconnect with old friends. That morning, at 8:30 AM, I embarked on a journey to Mangalore to attend the wedding of Suresh Upadhya's son. Suresh, a dear former classmate and retired employee of Corporation Bank, had graciously invited me to this significant occasion.

I arrived at the Sanganikethana wedding hall around 10:00 AM, where the day quickly turned into a delightful trip down memory lane. It was heartwarming to reunite with many of my BBM classmates from Poornaprajna College, Udupi. The atmosphere was charged with nostalgia as we reminisced about our college days, exchanging stories and laughter.

Among the familiar faces were Parameshwar Adiga and his wife, Madhusoodan, CR Sridhar and his wife, and Raghavendra (affectionately known as Polla) and his spouse. Each reunion felt like a rekindling of the strong bonds we had forged years ago. I also had the pleasure of meeting Raghavendra, a classmate of Shreemathi, who graciously introduced me to several of his relatives.

Following the wedding ceremony, we were invited to Parameshwar Adiga's residence. His home reflected his meticulous nature, with a beautifully organized interior and a lush collection of plants that infused the space with a sense of calm and serenity.

The day I was served as a poignant reminder of the enduring friendships and shared experiences that continue to enrich our lives. It was a memorable occasion, one that I am truly grateful for, as it allowed me to reconnect with 

Some of the snaps taken by my classmate Shridhar CR has been given here: 





























































No comments:

A Scenic Journey, Family Bonds, and Factory Wonders: Our Eventful Trip to Bangalore

  As per our original plan, my wife and I had booked tickets on an Air India flight to attend my sister Hema's son Vadiraj's wedding...