Friday, April 26, 2024

A Day of Tradition and Connections: Attending a Bramopadesha Ceremony in Kota

After retiring, I've embraced attending numerous social functions and reconnecting with relatives. Today, April 26, 2024, I traveled to Sadhyojatha Hall, located within the Sadhyojatha Temple grounds in Padukere, Kota, to participate in the Bramopadesha Ceremony of Arivinda's son. Aravind is the son of Mrs. Vagdevi from Goa. My wife, Shreemathi, and I drove our Tata Nexon EV and arrived at the venue at 11 AM. The hall, enveloped by lush trees and a verdant setting, provided a refreshing ambience.

At the ceremony, I reconnected with many relatives and friends, including Gopi, Saraswathi, Bala, Shyamala, Athe, Geetha, Gopala, Umesha, Arivinda, Jyothi, Vasanna, Shridevi, and Kotada Athe. It was particularly poignant to witness Kota Mava, over 94, guiding Arivinda’s son through the mantras, with three generations present on stage. Additionally, I had the pleasure of meeting Professor Shantaram, a retired academic from Bhandarkars College, Kundapur. We engaged in a stimulating discussion about various academic topics, enriching the day further. The ceremony concluded with a delightful vegetarian lunch, which all attendees thoroughly enjoyed.






























No comments:

A Day of Tradition and Connections: Attending a Bramopadesha Ceremony in Kota

After retiring, I've embraced attending numerous social functions and reconnecting with relatives. Today, April 26, 2024, I traveled to ...